But the point is that US government works for which copyright is excluded domestically may not have the same exclusion as to copies of those same works published in other countries.

True, but public domain is a concept in all modern copyright systems.

Moral right treatments differ, but I don't think that the Apache ICLA addresses that anyway.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
We also need to recall that US Copyright Law is not the
sole one in existence ;)