www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Flex IP Clearance
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:27:19 GMT
Ditto what Kevan said ... not a legal issue because the grants or CCLA
have already been obtained.  It is just a paperwork recording process
defined by incubator for post-TLP imports so that we can (in some
distant future) find where the grant was discussed and paperwork recorded.

Note that this does not include the original grant from Adobe and
anything documented as part of the podling process, since that should
already be recorded in the podling history.  If you have anything to
add to that history, just do it directly in the podling records.

For post-TLP imports, see the example at

  http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/jackrabbit-filevault.html

....Roy