www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: License Footer
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 21:39:52 GMT
On Mar 1, 2014, at 11:00 AM, Brian McCallister wrote:

> So I know license *headers* are the norm, but is there any reason
> other than convention to prefer a header to a footer?

It is just a convention (makes it easier to document how, use some
IDEs for header management/hiding, etc.).  For example, films have
the opposite convention these days, with the copyright always appearing
at the end of the credits, but old films from the 1940s and earlier
often had them at the beginning.

I don't think we should care unless it is an interpreted script,
in which case I prefer to put them at the end.

....Roy