www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Can Apache host non-Apache Videos?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 20:25:26 GMT

On 3/14/14 12:17 PM, "Shane Curcuru" <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

>On 3/14/14 3:09 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
>> Maybe third ping is a charm?
>
>Kevan wrote to ask what license the content actually would be under -
>which I guess you note below.
I guess my Spam filter at that.

>We have a FAQ for cc-sa 2.5/3.0 in products:
>
>http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa
>
>But what you seem to be asking is for non-product use; i.e.
>informational materials that will be displayed on our websites, but not
>provided in Apache software products that end users will download,
>correct?
Yes.  Although the videos can currently be downloaded from the web site.
We could change that in the Apache version if needed.  The link to the
Adobe version is here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/videotraining.html

>That's a good question: for supporting materials (i.e. things that are
>not code), do we allow a wider variety of licenses than for code?
>

>> An alternative is that the Apache Flex site could link to the Adobe
>>videos
>> hosted on some other external domain?  Adobe is may be willing to make
>>the
>> videos available under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0.
>
>Just curious, why NoDerivatives?  Is it really just a $BigCo ensuring
>their branding on the content isn't mucked up?
I wouldn't use those words exactly, but that's my understanding.

-Alex