www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Can Apache host non-Apache Videos?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:58:33 GMT
Hi,

Adobe is considering donating a bunch of Flex-related web-site articles
and assets to Apache.  These are some of the most visited how-to articles
on Flex, even today.  Adobe may someday take these articles off of its
servers, so it would be nice to have them archived somewhere.  However,
because the videos contain screenshots of Adobe Flash Builder, Adobe does
not want the videos re-licensed under AL2.0.

Sure, the Apache Flex community could re-create these videos, but that
takes time and energy.  So, I'm wondering if there is a way the ASF would
accept these videos for hosting on flex.a.o, but not require re-licensing.
 I know sometimes non-AL stuff gets put in "extras" or "deps" folders.

Thanks,
-Alex