www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions regarding licence and notice doc in an ASF product
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:35:52 GMT
IMO , your obligations are approximately the same in either case.

IIUC, in the new version of OFBiz, users will need to run a task that
downloads the OFBiz dependencies using IVY. IMO, OFBiz is responsible for
informing OFBiz users of the licensing implications of this action.

Some ASF products provide helper tasks that download optional Category X
licensed artifacts for use in the ASF products. This is permitted, but
users need to be made aware of the implications of doing this. I don't view
the OFBiz scenario as different from this...