www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions regarding licence and notice doc in an ASF product
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:54:41 GMT
Hi Kevan,

Yes, your understanding is correct about our intention.
So we would be safe not changing how we state all the externals jars with
their version number and reference to their licence, given that we change
from providing the external jars ourselves to make a download mechanism
(from jar-source, like mvnrepository.com) available with definitions of
applicable external jars (name, version, etc).

Could you name some examples of those other ASF projects that provide
download helper tasks in their products?

Regards,

Pierre Smits