www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Can Apache host non-Apache Videos?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:17:09 GMT
On 3/14/14 3:09 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> Maybe third ping is a charm?

Kevan wrote to ask what license the content actually would be under -
which I guess you note below.

We have a FAQ for cc-sa 2.5/3.0 in products:

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa

But what you seem to be asking is for non-product use; i.e.
informational materials that will be displayed on our websites, but not
provided in Apache software products that end users will download, correct?

That's a good question: for supporting materials (i.e. things that are
not code), do we allow a wider variety of licenses than for code?

> An alternative is that the Apache Flex site could link to the Adobe videos
> hosted on some other external domain?  Adobe is may be willing to make the
> videos available under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0.

Just curious, why NoDerivatives?  Is it really just a $BigCo ensuring
their branding on the content isn't mucked up?

- Shane