www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Evan Ward <evan.w...@nrl.navy.mil>
Subject Re: ICLA US Government
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 22:10:55 GMT
The helpful lawyers here have informed me that I don't have the
authority to make the agreements spelled out in the original ICLA. I
think signing it would be dishonest, both towards Apache and my
employer. If Apache is unwilling to negotiate or accept a modified ICLA,
then we are out of options.

To be clear, I would be happy to sign the original ICLA if it excluded
the work produced from my official government duties.

As long as Apache still accepts work in the public domain I will
continue to make contributions to [math]. A future thank you to those
who commit my patches.

Cheers,
Evan