www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: License Footer
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:48:24 GMT
Sebb wrote:
> One minor issue: license checking software may take a bit longer to run if
it has to read the entire file.

That's silly. License checking software has to read the entire file anyway
just in case there is a copyright or license notice somewhere near the
bottom. :-)  So too do the developers and contributors who have
responsibility to honor those notices before they include such software into
Apache projects. So too do the lawyers who have responsibility to perform a
diligent analysis before allowing that software in commercial products.

I'm interested always to read the excuses that people here will come up with
to avoid revising our policies towards license headers (or footers).

/Larry