www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: License question for scripting language frontend
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 16:14:11 GMT
On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Aahit <aahit8@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shivaram,
>
> If the Apache code is calling to GPLd (v2) code, then there is an
> incompatibility issue. [Apache v2 & GPL v2 does not have compatibility]
>
> Nevertheless, GPL v3 have compatibility with Apache v2. [only in certain
> cases]

It is the other way around: the GPLv3 people claims that Apache v2 code
cannot be bundled with GPLv2, but can with GPLv3.

No GPLed code can be incorporated into Apache code without forcing Apache
to release its codebase as GPL. See
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

Regards
Santiago