www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Include build tool source?
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 12:54:55 GMT

Given that the rebar project is ASLv2, I’m going to proceed with just including the rebar
binary, with notes on the exact tree it was built from. The rebar binary will not be included
in our release artifacts.

B.

On 28 Jan 2014, at 14:27, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Apache CouchDB team is working to incorporate two sizeable code contributions which
add many new features. CouchDB currently builds using autotools but we have, as a team, decided
to  switch to Rebar (https://github.com/opscode/rebar), an erlang build tool licensed under
the ASLv2. Both contributions already use Rebar.

> Expecting users and developers to have rebar available, or easily available, is not reasonable
and so we intend to include the built, cross-platform rebar binary in the root of our source
repository (this is a common practice among Erlang projects using Rebar).