www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Include build tool source?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 14:27:45 GMT
Hi,

The Apache CouchDB team is working to incorporate two sizeable code contributions which add
many new features. CouchDB currently builds using autotools but we have, as a team, decided
to  switch to Rebar (https://github.com/opscode/rebar), an erlang build tool licensed under
the ASLv2. Both contributions already use Rebar.

Expecting users and developers to have rebar available, or easily available, is not reasonable
and so we intend to include the built, cross-platform rebar binary in the root of our source
repository (this is a common practice among Erlang projects using Rebar).

My question to legal is: Do we need to include the source from which our build tool is built?

Thanks,
Robert Newson