On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Luis Villa <luis@lu.is> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Richard Fontana <rfontana@redhat.com> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 04:51:33PM -0800, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
>
>     Personally I find it extraordinarily unlikely that the ASF will add current
>     CC-* licenses to category A
>

> As a point of information, CC BY 2.5 and 3.0 are already in Category A.

Ah, so they are.

(So what has this debate been all about then?)

If you assume they were correctly added to Category A, then there really is no debate: 4.0 should be in there as well.

I simply think that, based on what I know of the criteria for Category A, and what the embedded device/media-handling device world assumes about Apache software, the addition of 2.5/3.0 to Category A was in error.

Which, to be clear, is not a condemnation of CC; lots of fine licenses, including the one I wrote, aren't in Category A. :)

Luis

Luis

  - RF