www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Thompson <jt...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: New versions of CC licenses
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 13:21:40 GMT

"Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote on 12/08/2013 09:10:36 PM:

> Jeff Thompson wrote:
> > I'm happy we put that issue to bed.
>
> Jeff, please don't exaggerate. Unfortunately we didn't put anything
> important to bed except the conclusion that GPL-licensed works MUST
> BE DISCLOSED. You still refuse to treat Apache works with the same
> respect for its license as we give to the GPL.

Larry,
    What conversation have you been following?  If you're going to accuse
me and/or IBM of violating the Apache license, please provide specific
statements that I've made that support those accusations.  If any
statements that I've made have been misconstrued, I'll clarify them.  If
you can't produce any statements that I've made that support your
allegations, I expect a retraction.

Jeff
Counsel, IBM Software Group