www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Luis Villa <l...@lu.is>
Subject Re: New versions of CC licenses
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 02:30:32 GMT
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Richard Fontana <rfontana@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 04:51:33PM -0800, Luis Villa wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >     Personally I find it extraordinarily unlikely that the ASF will add
> current
> >     CC-* licenses to category A
> >

> > As a point of information, CC BY 2.5 and 3.0 are already in Category A.
>
> Ah, so they are.
>
> (So what has this debate been all about then?)

If you assume they were correctly added to Category A, then there really is
no debate: 4.0 should be in there as well.

I simply think that, based on what I know of the criteria for Category A,
and what the embedded device/media-handling device world assumes about
Apache software, the addition of 2.5/3.0 to Category A was in error.

Luis