www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ian Downes <ian.dow...@gmail.com>
Subject Clarification on options for linking to an LGPL library
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:19:46 GMT
We'd like to link against a library (libnl) that is under LGPL 2.1.
What are the options for this?

Are we reading correctly under "Scenarios Involving Prohibited Works"
that we can include code in an Apache product necessary to make API
calls into the library? If so, does this code require review and
explicit approval (it states this is necessary for GPL)?

Or, do we need to mark this as a system requirement?

libnl
http://www.carisma.slowglass.com/~tgr/libnl

http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html#options
Scenarios Involving Prohibited Works:
"YOU MAY include code within the Apache product necessary to achieve
compatibility with a prohibited work through the use of API calls,
"bridge code", or protocols, provided that the compatibility code was
contributed under a CLA."