www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Apache Flex Showcase Website
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:21:12 GMT
(note the mixed private/public lists)

We have some DRAFT but very close to final best practices for Apache
projects who include similar kinds of "these companies use/provide
services for/etc. our project" pages the PMC should review:

   http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking

I would recommend adding a disclaimer immediately below the "How to
submit" section that notes the ASF & Apache Flex project are not
affiliated with and don't endorse any of the applications or companies
in the showcase.

Personally, I would recommend including a rel="nofollow" on any links on
this page, although in general that's a decision for the PMC to make for
it's own pages - just make sure whatever decision the PMC makes is
applied equitably.  While it's certainly a good idea to provide a way to
show some of the great things other groups make using Apache software,
we need to be careful to not unduly publicize third party software products.

- Shane