www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Apache POI project using unlicensed test data
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 18:15:12 GMT
Have you contacted the Apache POI project about this issue?  If you
believe that your IP is being used improperly by an Apache project,
typically the most effective way to remedy this is to contact that
specific Apache project and ask for a remedy.  Be sure to be specific as
to what the IP is (as you are), and to be clear in your request (i.e. do
you insist that they remove this IP, or acknowledge it's license, or what?)

most efficient way to contact the project community, which is what I'd
recommend; in this case, looking here
http://poi.apache.org/mailinglists.html  you can see you'd want to email:

   dev@poi.apache.org

If you do not get an appropriate answer from the Apache POI project,
then I'd recommend coming back here and noting that.

The Apache Software Foundation and all Apache projects only accept
willing donations of IP.  As a non-profit public charity, we have no
wish to mis-use anyone else's IP, and we most certainly will investigate
and take action for any verifiable claims that the ASF or any of it's
projects have misused third party IP.

Hope that helps,

- Shane