www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: New versions of CC licenses
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 21:46:53 GMT
This is an interesting thread, and it feels like I'm almost
understanding a tiny bit more of legal copyright theory - thanks for the
discussions with specific citations and detailed interpretations (even
if some seem to differ!).

Personally I find it extraordinarily unlikely that the ASF will add
current CC-* licenses to category A, so my recommendation is to not
worry about this too much.  The primary reasons (for me, at least) is
precisely to ensure that the AL remains - and is seen to remain - as
commercially friendly.

- Shane