www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: New versions of CC licenses
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 02:25:13 GMT
Jeff Thomson wrote:
> Most commercial software licenses prohibit

> modification and redistribution.

But they can't prohibit the modification and redistribution of the FOSS bits
within it. And they must disclose the presence of the FOSS bits and inform
customers of its licenses.

Other than that, you can refuse to support or service modified software, and
you can refuse to accept responsibility for redistributed software, and you
can refuse to allow the redistribution of your private bits. Nobody is
preventing you from reaching reasonable commercial terms with your
customers.

> Does it seem to you that we are going around in circles?

Yes. Please stop rotating....

/Larry