www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: New versions of CC licenses
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2013 17:15:01 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> ... it is the case that both the Mozilla foundation and the FSF

> have deemed that CC-BY is incompatible with their licenses

With respect to FSF, I just received the following note from Eben Moglen:

FSF has made no statements concerning any of the CC 4.0 licenses.  FSF and its legal advisers
have been in productive conversation with CC throughout the license development and discussion
process.  FSF will make any statements concerning the CC licenses in the same format that
it employs with respect to other licenses, when it has completed its review of the final versions
just released, and to be released.

I'll report any responses I receive about the Mozilla Foundation opinion, or perhaps one of
the Mozilla attorneys on this list will respond directly.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

Rosenlaw & Einschlag, a technology law firm ( <http://www.rosenlaw.com/> www.rosenlaw.com)

3001 King Ranch Rd., Ukiah, CA 95482