www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: copyright infringement in CouchDB 1.5.0
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 09:25:33 GMT
On 19/11/13 21:57, Richard Fontana wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 01:52:19PM -0800, Luis Villa wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>>> FYI: jshint is believed to be truly under this license
>>> https://github.com/jshint/jshint/blob/2.x/LICENSE.
>>
>> That's only for new code. The main file is still under Crockford's
>> vanity license:
>>
>> https://github.com/jshint/jshint/blob/2.x/src/jshint.js
>
> Is it the ASF's policy to tolerate inclusion of this license?
> See http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#json

Jena used to use the Java json.org parser - all we wanted was a basic
parser, no java-json mapping, just JSON->abstract parse tree.

We simply wrote our own parser because it was quicker than sorting out
the legal side.  The fact it reuses our tuned I/O code we had for our
RDF parsers is a bonus.

	Andy