From: fredand44@hotmail.com
To: legal-discuss@apache.org
Subject: How to full fill the two license-requierments?
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:51:41 +0000

Hello Apache legal experts!

I have developed a application that uses the following apache libraries as dependencies:
commons-lang 2.4
log4j 1.2.14
xmlbeans 2.4.0
(I have not done any modifications to the apache libraries.)

To follow the license in the correct way I have understand that I must full fill these two requierments:

1) include a copy of the license in any redistribution you may make that includes Apache software;

2) provide clear attribution to The Apache Software Foundation for any distributions that include Apache software.

I build my application with maven (assembly:assembly) so my question is if it is correct to full fill these two requierments like this:

1) The license file LICENSE.txt is already packed inside my jar file, but I must edit it at:

Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]

Copyright 2013 Fredrik Andersson

(Remark I have not register my self or request my self as a copyright owner, I guess that is not I must do?)

2) There is already a file called NOTICE.txt packed inside my jar file that say that:
"This product includes software developed by The Apache Software Foundation"

Is that all that I have to do?
And now I can leagaly sell my application?

Best regards
Fredrik