www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Fredrik Andersson <fredan...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to full fill the two license-requierments?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:51:41 GMT
Hello Apache legal experts!
I have developed a application that uses the following apache libraries as dependencies:commons-lang
2.4log4j 1.2.14xmlbeans 2.4.0(I have not done any modifications to the apache libraries.)
To follow the license in the correct way I have understand that I must full fill these two
requierments:
1) include a copy of the license in any redistribution you may make that includes Apache software;
2) provide clear attribution to The Apache Software Foundation for any distributions that
include Apache software.
I build my application with maven (assembly:assembly) so my question is if it is correct to
full fill these two requierments like this:
1) The license file LICENSE.txt is already packed inside my jar file, but I must edit it at:
Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]
To:
Copyright 2013 Fredrik Andersson
(Remark I have not register my self or request my self as a copyright owner, I guess that
is not I must do?)
2) There is already a file called NOTICE.txt packed inside my jar file that say that:"This
product includes software developed by The Apache Software Foundation"
Is that all that I have to do?And now I can leagaly sell my application?
Best regardsFredrik