www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache's Third Party Licensing Policy
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:36:05 GMT
Larry,

in your first response in the JIRA, you wrote : " CC-BY license is for a
specification, not software directly"

On the www.apache.org/foundation page, I read :

" Through a collaborative and meritocratic development process known as
The Apache Way, Apache™ projects deliver enterprise-grade, freely
available **software** products"

I conclude abruptly that, as The ASF write softwares, not
specifications, I don't see the need to add CC-By as a third party
compatible licence.

I don't understand all this noise made about something that, AFAICU,
does not concern us...

Moreover, when the time will come for someone to actually write a
specificiation under the ASF umbrella, specification connected to the
W3C work, then we can reconsider this position.

Can we focus on real problems, and problems that we are facing now,
instead of fighting over hypothetical issues ?

Side note : not to mention the various aggressions I have read on the
board/members/legal mailing list...
At some point, can't anyone realise that, as Churchill said : "this is
not because we disagree that you are right" ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,