www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Author of Apache License V2
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 00:01:28 GMT
On 10/8/13 5:49 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> tl;dr;
>
> basically an effort between Roy and Drew from IBM

There certainly was plenty of commentary - it's interesting to see the
handful of non-Member folks who participated in the discussion, although
not necessarily the drafting of specific language.  There are a couple
of startling GPL names to see there!

However, readers of this public list should be aware that all URLS with
/private-arch/*  (like below) are only accessible to Apache Members, so
most of you probably won't be able to read along at home.  8-)

- Shane

> On Oct 8, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> https://mail-search.apache.org/members/private-arch/licensing/200110.mbox/date
>>
>> On Oct 8, 2013, at 2:51 PM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've been asked who authored the Apache license V2. I've given the "it was a
community effort with advice from a number of lawyers" but wondered if there are more details
I can give.