www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: The facts concerning the W3C CC-BY experiment as I understand them
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:45:37 GMT

On Oct 30, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> I believe it is essential that we stay fully in
> synchrony with W3C licensing policies

Agreed.

> -- indeed that we /lead/ them

Disagree. IMO, the ASF does a great job leading itself, and
that's enough. When it is time to "take a stand" for the benefit
of our projects or FOSS in general, we do (I will remind people
of how we handle AOL's attempt to circumvent HTTP). However,
just looking for stuff to jump into in an attempt to "lead"
it is just the kind of bullshit that caused me to leave OSI.