www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: The facts concerning the W3C CC-BY experiment as I understand them
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 22:59:09 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> Larry: my apologies.  I still don't recall anybody from the ASF disagreeing with your
proposal; nor do I recall your objection to the W3C adding the bullet quoted above to your
proposal.  But I guess it is all moot as long as there are no plans by anybody to produce
specifications under any of the proposed licenses.

Thank you for your apology, Sam. I'm glad that people here now appreciate that I've been advocating
for what I believe to be best for Apache. I'm not trying to force licenses down anyone's throat.

I'm also sorry, though, that this controversy has resulted in "no decision" at W3C or at Apache.
If we were braver we could with a few short sentences reassure everyone at Apache and elsewhere
that W3C web standards are fully compatible with FOSS no matter what. The amended PSIG license
that I cited earlier actually tried to do that before politics and personalities entered the
fray.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
3001 King Ranch Rd., Ukiah, CA 95482