www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Mentioning contributions to Apache projects on university homepage
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:58:56 GMT
Hello,

I have recently become a committer on the Apache UIMA project, working on the Apache uimaFIT
sub-project. This work is being supported by my employer, which is the university group -
the UKP Lab - I'm working with. My contributions to uimaFIT are part of a general move of
making our software open source and contributing to community projects. Would there be any
objections against advertising this fact on our groups homepage? In particular, we have a
"software" section where we would consider mentioning something like

"""
Current (and past) members of our group have contributed to the following community projects:

- Apache UIMA™
- Apache uimaFIT™
- jweb1t
- …
""" (listing several Apache and non-Apache projects).

Is this a valid approach? Or should understatement be preserved and such "advertisements"
not be made?

Cheers,

-- Richard