www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Nicolas <kint...@gmail.com>
Subject License based on license Apache ?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:48:38 GMT
Hello,

I am French, and French law is twisted, which makes it incompatible
portions of "all licenses" except if rephrasing some paragraph.

For an open source project I want to write a more appropriate license to
French.
This license will of course be freely reusable for other projects

After research I read that it is possible to create a license based on the
Apache license (with a different name).

Please, can you confirm that I can write a license  inspired by the Apache
license ?

I saw on the Apache website that is possible with the CLA license, but I
have not found for the software license.

Thanks
Nicolas

PS: sorry for my bas english