www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Require a copyright notice in source headers
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 22:24:59 GMT
[x] - Don't care

(non-binding)

I think Larry has a point, but I don't think he made his case very well by avoiding Sam's
challenge until the very end and then in a very indirect manner. Ad hominem attacks don't
help either.

Question - does reading these threads offer any educational credits from any institution?

8-D

Regards,
Dave

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> The current ASF Source Header and Copyright Notice Policy does not include, and actively
discourages, any copyright notice in the header:

>  http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
>
> Larry Rosen has requested that any source file that contains a license header also include
a copyright notice[1], and that his vote be counted[2].  This vote is intended to resolve
that issue.

> Additional background and links can be found at:
>
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-172
>
> The vote itself will be open through Sunday July 21st with the results published on Monday
July 22nd.  Only votes from members of the Legal Affairs Committee PMC, as recorded in [3]
will be considered binding. To pass, the vote will need a minimum of three +1's and more +1's
than -1's.

> Others are welcome to express their opinions, in the form of a vote. Such votes will
be tallied, but not affect the outcome.