www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: Intake procedure for a manual/large body of documentation
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:20:44 GMT
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013, at 04:40 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> I have a couple of questions regarding the intake of a 200+ page
> document as the basis for a user manual:
>
> 1. Is the IP Clearance procedure the right one for prose?

I believe so. It's how we've (Apache CloudStack) pulled in documentation
that was written outside the project that was not part of the initial
grant to the ASF from Citrix:

(See: http://s.apache.org/Ae3)

> 4. How do we apply the ASL to a word (or PDF) document?

Not sure there's a canonical way to do this, but we put it in our front
matter immediately after the title page. Example here:

http://s.apache.org/sLO

Note that we use Publican to create our docs and include the required
license header in each XML/source file for Publican as well.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier