www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: Query On MSFT License
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2013 22:17:13 GMT
> LR: What does Wine have to do with Apache?

> Wine ("Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X.")
> has everything to do with the question you asked.

My response was ill-phrased. To rephrase: The question of this thread is about making it more
convenient for our users to run Apache applications on Windows.  That is all. I want that
result. Don't we all? Wine is irrelevant to that question.

I will not commit my otherwise billable hours or this list's valuable electrons worrying over
whether winehq.org or any other company or non-profit has the same question about optional
components under the MSFT license. They can read Apache's NOTICE file and decide for themselves.
So long as those MSFT binaries aren't *viral* or a *dependency* for Apache software, I honestly
don't care. Neither should you.

/Larry