www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject ECCN crypto process?
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:34:30 GMT
Hi,

the crypto policy page says I should ask here before doing anythign
else.

Over in Apache Commons Compress we have added decryption support and
may be adding encryption suppport for certain archiving formats.

The implementation itself only relies on the Java Cryptography
Extensions as built into the Java Classlib and users will be responsible
for installing strong crypto support if they need it.  Even before 2010
my undestanding has been this wouldn't have required an ECCN.  I
certainly may be wrong.

In case we need an ECCN what is the process now?

Stefan