www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject CC-BY in context
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 03:43:23 GMT
Hi Dennis,

The secret issue that Luis Villa and I are discussing that led to his blog post is the CC-BY
license, which has been recommended by some W3C members for use with the new W3C HTML 6 Recommendation.
We’re discussing that issue within W3C, but it certainly isn’t appropriate for me to bring
that discussion here.

However -- To the extent that Apache or anyone else implements such W3C Recommendations, we
may be depending upon rights granted under CC-BY.

Is the CC-BY license Category A or not?  If not, why not?

/Larry

From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:55 PM
To: legal-discuss@apache.org; lrosen@rosenlaw.com
Subject: RE: FW: updating w.a.o/legal/resolved for Creative Commons Attribution

@Larry,

That’s interesting although I think this one may be more relevant to some things that go
on around here:

< http://tieguy.org/blog/2013/01/27/taking-post-open-source-seriously-as-a-statement-about-copyright-law/>.

And thanks for the link to Luis.  If my blog reader ever works again, I’m subscribed [;<).