Teeing off on one of Sam's remarks, I wish that someone would replace this thread with a very specific thread that proposes a very specific policy for a very specific category of fonts, giving a practical justification (here's why we want one of these in the source tree), and an argument about the 'verifiability risk' (can voters reasonably tell what they are voting on).

On the other hand, I'd note that nothing stops someone from pushing a cat B font to a repo manager like Maven Central, and having build automation pull it down. This might obviate the discussion.