www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source form Re: What constitutes a source release?
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 02:00:52 GMT
Teeing off on one of Sam's remarks, I wish that someone would replace this
thread with a very specific thread that proposes a very specific policy for
a very specific category of fonts, giving a practical justification (here's
why we want one of these in the source tree), and an argument about the
'verifiability risk' (can voters reasonably tell what they are voting on).

On the other hand, I'd note that nothing stops someone from pushing a cat B
font to a repo manager like Maven Central, and having build automation pull
it down. This might obviate the discussion.