www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: updating w.a.o/legal/resolved for Creative Commons Attribution
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 19:31:56 GMT
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 15, 2013, at 4:51 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 13, 2013, at 6:44 PM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The page http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
>>> says that the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-A) license may be included in
>>> Apache releases, but it links to version 2.5 of that license.
>>>
>>> We have some content (icons) which are licensed under version 3.0 of that
>>> license, specifically, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
>>>
>>> 2 questions:
>>> (1) Are things licensed under this OK to include with Apache distributions, and
>>> (2) Should the legal/resolve page be updated to reflect this?
>>
>> Version 3.0 looks ok to me. Unless I hear objections, I'll update our web site to
reflect this…

> Done.

Drilling down into the actual license, I note the following text:

4.a. "You may Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work only under the
terms of this License."

Doesn't that make this license category B?  (Note: this comment also
applies to previous versions of the license, including versions that
were previously approved)

> --kevan

- Sam Ruby