www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Polhodzik Peter (ext)" <Peter.Polhodzik....@evosoft.com>
Subject RE: GPL Incompatibility in Apache Tika 1.2
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 14:22:06 GMT
Thnaks Kevan for forwarding.

So the only reason evilhtml.html GPL is not incompatible to the Apache 2.0 main license is
that it's not a code distribution, its html test resource? Do you happen to know which GPL
version applies?

thanks
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Mattmann, Chris A (398J) [mailto:chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 3:24 PM
To: legal-discuss@apache.org
Cc: dev@tika.apche.org
Subject: Re: GPL Incompatibility in Apache Tika 1.2

Thanks guys.

Reading the below, it's a test HTML file that is used to evaluate HTML parsing in Tika --
it's named "evilhtml.html", and it's not code - it's a test resource.

So, we're not actually distributing code here, any more so than if I write a text file called
FOO.txt and say "GPL in it", and then include that as a parsing resource.

My 2c.

Cheers,
Chris