www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: What constitutes a source release?
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 23:52:22 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote on Thu, May 02, 2013 at 17:23:11 -0400:
> Taken all together, the original question[2] can now be re-posed thus:
>
>   Should ASF policy allow object form Category B artefacts to be
> checked into SVN?
>
> Mark Thomas[3] gave his input yesterday on this topic.
>
> We can chose to collectively accept that input, post it to our
> website, and make it official policy.  Or people can chose to
> challenge that input.  Or we can seek narrowly crafted exceptions.

It might be wise for people who pursue those options to have infra@ on
the distribution list.  (For example, the policy might end up as
"We are allowed by law and by Legal PMC's policy to use svn.a.o as
a maven repository, but for operational reasons we don't do that" ---
aka, "legal says yes, infra says no, policy is no".)