www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Source form Re: What constitutes a source release?
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 19:54:31 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote on Thu, May 02, 2013 at 15:24:29 -0400:
> We may very well have to look at each specific font to determine what
> the "preferred form for making modifications" would be.

Why are you saying "the" preferred form?  Probably because ALv2 says so,
but wouldn't it be better to s/the preferred/a preferred/ in the
definition below?

      "Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications,
      including but not limited to software source code, documentation
      source, and configuration files.

Daniel
(that's something we could do if/when ALv2.1 happens)