www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Licenses compatibilities
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:32:37 GMT
Hi legal,

currently at JSPWiki we use some 3rd party libraries, shipped with the
binaries, which are not clear to me if they should have an entrey at the
NOTICE file or not.

More precisely:

- Jaxen: the license can be reached at
https://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/jaxen/trunk/jaxen/LICENSE.txt?r=1128From
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JAXEN-132 seems that is a BSD-type license,
so it shouldn't appear in NOTICE, but I'd feel more comfortable with
legal's blessing :-)

- JDOM: https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/blob/jdom-1.0/core/LICENSE.txtis
it category B (=should appear in NOTICE)?

- Finally, we also have an entry in our NOTICE which states "Portions of
this code [JSPWiki] donated by BaseN Corporation." I'm not sure if this
donation was done as part of moving to Apache Incubator (most probably), or
if it refers to a previous period of time. Is it ok to leave this entry in
NOTICE?

thanks + br,
juan pablo