www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "allowed licenses" landing page
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 13:08:24 GMT

On Apr 5, 2013, at 8:05 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> Kevan Miller wrote on Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 16:57:17 -0400:
>>
>> On Apr 4, 2013, at 7:31 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.staging.apache.org/dev/infra-contact#what-we-need-to-know
>>> needs a link that explains what are the legal conditions for loading
>>> svn/git history into an *.apache.org-hosted repository.
>>>
>>> Is there such a landing page already?  Does the following make sense to
>>> create such a landing page?
>>
>> How about http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html ?
>>

> That document self-describes as "Not for new projects", but it's far
> more common for new podlings to request history migration, so it's not
> appropriate.

Well, those new podlings are part of the incubation process. So, in all cases, I would think
the Incubator is involved.

> The ip-clearance directions also contain at least one mistake and at
> least one instance of bitrot, so I don't trust them as much as I trust
> /legal/resolved.

Can you raise those issues with the incubator, please?

Regardless… Getting back to your original email, I think your suggested changes are fine.
So, if they close a gap in the process for infra, I'm good with the update. Any other opinions?

--kevan