www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: "allowed licenses" landing page
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 00:05:20 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote on Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 16:57:17 -0400:

> On Apr 4, 2013, at 7:31 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>
> > http://www.staging.apache.org/dev/infra-contact#what-we-need-to-know
> > needs a link that explains what are the legal conditions for loading
> > svn/git history into an *.apache.org-hosted repository.
> >
> > Is there such a landing page already?  Does the following make sense to
> > create such a landing page?
>
> How about http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html ?

That document self-describes as "Not for new projects", but it's far
more common for new podlings to request history migration, so it's not
appropriate.

The ip-clearance directions also contain at least one mistake and at
least one instance of bitrot, so I don't trust them as much as I trust
/legal/resolved.

Daniel

> This may not directly handle the 'legal conditions' but it should handle the ASF policy
for incorporating external codebases (and should handle the legal conditions for this to occur).