www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Ping: (LEGAL-162) May I use a ALv2 compatible licensed 3rd party library which depends upon and directly uses GPL2/GPL3 APIs?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 19:35:58 GMT
The below answer is not authoritative.

Can't you treat the proposed dependency-that-itself-depends-on-a-GPLv2-library
as a Category X dependency?  IIRC, that means you can include code for it but
that must be disabled by default, and the dependency itself can't be
part of your main distribution artifacts.  (but the /legal/resolved page
has the accurate details)