www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: ctakes model - distribution encumbered?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 21:09:48 GMT
First, I am not a Lawyer; these are just personal opinions from reading the
license.  It seems that there might be two restrictions on users of CTakes with
these models, from the referenced license for SVM-Light.

The first one - it seems that you would need to prohibit down-stream users of
CTakes from using the models produced by this software for other than "research
and education" purposes.

The 2nd one is that down-stream users of CTakes who produce "scientific results"
using the "models" produced with this software would seem to be encumbered by
the Licensing term which states that "Scientific results produced using the
software provided shall acknowledge the use of SVM-Light...".  The case I'm
thinking of: a users downloads CTakes, and produces some scientific results,
using the models that you distribute.

-Marshall Schor