www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: legal conditions regarding project website content
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:46:36 GMT
Hi legal (retaking an old thread..),

as part of a somewhat near release we're looking forward to host
www.jspwiki.org inside apache infra [cfr. #1]. However, some legal
concerns, noted at [#2], have been raised, so we're also considering to
just begin with empty content

Below this e-mail is the last recommendation from legal (in [#3] the
beginning of the thread).

The situation is that there is some "uncopyrighted", or not-so-clearly
copyrighted, content and we're unsure if can host it under apache infra.
Would it be enough to add the suggested copyright notice in this thread
("Unless otherwise noted, contributions to this wiki", etc.) to perform the
content migration?

The content to be migrated has always been publicly available through
www.jspwiki.org, so it seems pretty unlikely to me that we're going to have
any legal issues because of this, ever. Of course given the case, we would
retire the offending content, but my point is that this content was meant
and has been publicly available from day zero..

thoughts?

TIA!

[#1]: http://s.apache.org/YFA
[#2]: http://s.apache.org/Gto