www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject What are the legal protections that the Foundation offers to committers and users?
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:40:17 GMT
For a talk Hadrian Z and I are giving tomorrow, I realized that I'd be
better prepared if I actually had a concise outline in my head of the
answers to the questions in the subject line.

I'm imaging trying to answer this question from the audience:

"I'm a small company. If I use an Apache product, and some entity
shows up and sues me for copyright, patent, or trade secret
infringement, based on a claim that their IP was inappropriately
incorporated in an Apache product, do I get any help from the
Foundation? What sort of defense do I have?"