www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Johan Vervloet <johan.vervl...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Working with multiple programmers on an apache licensed project
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:33:40 GMT
Hello,

I have a question. I am working on a software project with 3 other people,
and we want to distribute our project under an Apache license.

We have 4 programmers. All programmers have contributed to the code. Most
source files contain sources contributed by more than 1 programmer. What
should we do with the copyright notice? In particular, what should we put
instead of

Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]

Is it sufficient to put 4 lines like this in the README file, one line for
each programmer? We can add a reference to the git repository, to see which
code was written by which person.

Thank you for considering our problem,
Johan

--